July 14, 2015
The Armenian Museum of America concluded its 10th annual Spring Sports Raffle, with great style and success, bringing in contributions that exceeded last year’s. This year’s ticket sales will help the museum continue its mission to showcase the rich Armenian history through great exhibitions and programs.
This year’s sports raffle fundraiser also marks the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. To commemorate this significant time in Armenian history, and in memory of all the victims of the Armenian Genocide, the Armenian Museum will donate five percent of all proceeds to the Near East Foundation, an organization that was established in response to the Armenian Genocide.
The annual Spring Sports Raffle concluded with a lively party and reception for the participants, who enjoyed the Fenway-style menu of hotdogs, pizza, popcorn and beverages. Sports celebrity Bob Lobel drew the winning tickets to cheers and applause. Winning prizes included a Grand Prize of 22 seats in the Fenway Park Luxury Box, as well as 11 other sets of tickets to see such favorites as the Patriots, the Bruins, the Celtics and more Red Sox games. Congratulations to all the winners!
- Grand Prize Winner – Joy Renjilian-Burgy
- 2nd Prize Winner – David Aykanian
- 3rd Prize Winner – Roger Dilbarian
- 4th Prize Winner – Rev. Fr. Krikor Sabounjian
- 5th Prize Winner – Ed Shooshanian
- 6th Prize Winner – Philip J. Notopoulos
- 7th Prize Winner – Gregory Adamian
- 8th Prize Winner – Arakel Almasian
- 9th Prize Winner – Dan Hausmann
- 10th Prize Winner – Harold Partamian
- World Series Tickets (If the Red Sox win the Pennant) – Richard Yanofsky
The Armenian Museum of America extends its sincere gratitude to everyone who bought tickets, to our donors, trustees, and everyone who worked to help make the 2015 Sports Raffle a huge success.